SWEET POTATO PIZZA
Makes 4 Servings
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
- 1 medium-large sweet potato; skin removed and cut into cubes
- 4 ounces Reduced-Fat Cream Cheese
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 6 slices center-cut bacon
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup 2% shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 4 sandwich thins (suggested: whole wheat)
- 1/2 tablespoon Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 green onions, chopped (optional)
While potatoes are cooking, cook bacon in a skillet on the stove over medium-high heat. Place cooked bacon on a paper towel to drain when finished. Chop bacon into small pieces. Drain the bacon grease from the skillet and return it to the stove; reducing heat to low. Add extra-virgin olive oil to the skillet and heat. Add onion and garlic; cooking until tender.
They aren't your average pizzas, but they are really good! When it comes to keeping kids happy, it helps to create dishes that are familiar to them. What kid doesn't like pizza?!? Serving up sweet potatoes in this way is sure to have them takin' at least one bite. And that one bite is all they will need to become a Sweet Potato Pizza fan for life!
Do you have an idea for a Kid-Friendly sweet potato recipe? Try it out and post it on your blog by tomorrow night (March 21, 2011) by 11:59pm ET. Follow the guidelines HERE for your chance to win 2K for cookin'!! Good luck!